Billings Public Schools has a job opening
INTERPRETER FOR THE DEAF
Requires a current EIPA Certified Interpreter for the Deaf License
9-month position; Monday - Friday
$15.70/hour for 120-day probationary period, then $17.44/hour
- Provides interpreting/translating services to deaf and hearing individuals within the school environment.
- Provides assistance to the teacher and IEP/CST Team.
- Provides technical support by instructing staff in the usage of closed-captioned decoders, visual alert systems and other listening devices.
- Provides re-teaching, tutoring, and other academic and classroom support as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the district.
High school diploma or equivalent; two years interpreter training program and/or combination of education and experience, a current EIPA Certified Interpreter for the Deaf License, special knowledge, skills and abilities in the use of sign languages used by deaf students and family members; computers; listening devices; inter-personal communication; and reliable transportation and ability to travel to and between schools as directed.
Go to www.billingsschools.org and click on "RESOURCES" and then click on "Employment Opportunities" for either the on-line application for external applicants or the internal application for internal applicants (currently employed by BPS in a regular or temporary position).
The Office of Disability Services at Idaho State University has posted the following as of 02-09-17
The Office of Disability Services at Idaho State University is currently hiring two sign language interpreters for our Pocatello, Idaho campus and one for our Meridian, Idaho campus. If interested in applying, please view the postings at: